Live Chat Help
Accessing a chat
Entering the Chat Room
Participating in a Chat
Exiting the Chat Room
- The Chat Index page lists our scheduled chats
- All chat schedules are displayed in Eastern Time
- Chats conclude 60 minutes from the listed start time
You can enter the chat room one hour prior to the scheduled start time of the event although questions may be submitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
- Click on the Title of the chat from the Chat Index page
- Click on the "Continue..." link after verifying the topic relates to your concern
- Complete login using your lawyers.com's SM community account. If you need an account, complete our free registration
- Grant permission to run the chat program
- Disable Pop-up blocking: The applet window may be considered by some browsers or programs to be a "pop-up" window. If the program does not move past this point, turn off any pop-up settings you may have running
- Java Plug-in: Netscape browsers may require a Java Plug-in download before you are allowed to enter a chat room. Click here to download a Netscape Java plug-in
- Click on the "Click here to enter the Live chat" button to agree to the participation disclaimer and open the chat window
It may take a moment or two to load the chat program. The chat program works best with Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher and Netscape version 4.7 or higher.
You are permitted to submit a question up to 5 days prior to the start of a chat event. We'll make every attempt to address as many questions as possible during the chat event but can't guarantee all questions will be addressed. Please limit your question to a single concise submission of 1,500 characters or less.